You can easily create WiFi hotspot on your Windows 7/8 without any software e.g. Connectify, MyPublicWiFi etc.
- Open Notepad and copy-paste the following in it.
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=wifiname key=wifipassword
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
- Save this batch file with .bat extension. You can name it as wifi.bat
- Now you can create the WiFi hotspot by opening this file any time with administrative privilege. For this, just write click on wifi.bat file and select Run as administrator.
- This would work only when your network sharing is on. Check the settings from Open Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings. Now turn on network sharing.
- Now open the properties of Ethernet/LAN/WiFi connection and go to Sharing tab. Check Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection. In home networking connection select the Wireless Connection you’re using while creating WiFi hotspot.
- Your WiFi hotspot should be up and running now.
- To turn off WiFi hotspot, open cmd (command prompt) from Start Menu and paste the following in it.
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork