- First, see whether Debian has detected your video card with the following command in terminal emulator:
lspci -nn | grep VGA
This would show the identified video cards.
- Now you need to add ‘contrib’ and ‘non-free’ componenets to your SourceList for your video cards to work perfectly. For this, open terminal and execute the following command:
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
This would open the SourcesList file. Make sure contrib and non-free are there after main. Your SourcesList may look like this:
deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian jessie main contrib non-free
- Save this file and close it.
- Now update the list of available packages:
sudo apt-get update
- Now install the following packages for the video cards to work:
sudo apt-get install firmware-linux-nonfree libgl1-mesa-dri xserver-xorg-video-ati
- Now reboot your system to reload the GPU device firmware.