Most of the WiFi drivers by default doesn’t work in Debian as they require non-free packages. So to make your WiFi work on HP ProoBook 450 G1 and the likes in Debian 8 ‘Jessie’, follow as described below:
- You have to add a ‘non-free’ to your sources.list file. Better yet, it should look like the following:
Your SourcesList need not look exactly like this mentioned above. But it has to have contrib and non-free after main.
- Save the SourcesList file and close it.
- Update your system executing the following command in terminal:
sudo apt-get update
- Now install the required WiFi driver using the following command in terminal window:
sudo apt-get install firmware-iwlwifi
- You may need to reboot your system to make the WiFi work. It should work perfectly after a restart.