You can reset your password in recovery mode if you ever forget your password. Follow the instructions below to reset your password:
- Press Shift key while your PC starts up. From the Advanced Options list, select Recovery Mode.
- You’ll be booted into Recovery Mode. It’d be a command-line interface like that of virtual console.
- Execute the following to reset your password:
- Replace username with your username. You’ll be prompted for a new password. Enter your desired password. You’ll have to type in the password twice.
- After you’ve restored your password, login into the normal environment using the following in terminal:
Your problem should be solved.