You can root your Samsung Galaxy GIO GT-S5660m handset easily. But before you root it, you need to know something:
- Charge your mobile handset beforehand. Your handset has to be charged at least 60% or above.
- Your warranty would be void if you root it. Keep that in mind.
If you agree with the aforementioned terms, then go ahead and root it.
- First, grab Update.zip file from this link.
- DO NOT unzip it. Just copy this file in your handset’s SD memory card. You can copy it using USB cable or Bluetooth or WiFi. It doesn’t matter which procedure you used to copy it, just copy it.
- Switch off your phone.
- You have to reboot into recovery mode. You can do this by pressing Home+Power off buttons together while it is switched off.
- Select update from the SD card while in recovery mode. You can scroll up/down by pressing the volume up/down key/s and selecting by pressing the Home button.
- You’ll be prompted when the process is completed.
- Reboot your phone. It’s now rooted.