You can write Bangla easily in Debian 7 Wheezy using iBus.
- Open Terminal and execute the following command:
sudo apt-get install ibus ibus-m17n m17n-db m17n-contrib ibus-gtk
- Now from Applications, open Startup Applications. Click Add. Now in the adjacent textboxes of Name, Command and Comment fields, fill-up them like the following:
Name: IBus daemon Command: /usr/bin/ibus-daemon -d Comment: start IBus daemon when Gnome starts
- Click Save and then Close it.
- Now Restart your computer. After a reboot, you would see a Language bar in your upper panel. Right Click it. Select Preferences. Click Input Method > Select an input method > Bengali > Unijoy (m17n).
- Now Close it.
- That’s it. You’re done. From now on, may it be your LibreOffice Writer or Facebook, whenever you want to write Bangla, just press Ctrl and Spacebar together and it would switch to Bangla mode. You can write Bangla in Bijoy style. Press Ctrl+Spacebar again to toggle the selection, I mean to switch to English or default.