Unable to mount drive_name
Authentication is required
You can solve this problem in various ways. One way is to edit the /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.udisks.policy file.
- Open this file with any editor. I used gEdit here.
sudo gedit /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.udisks.policy
- Now you’ll see action id=”org.freedesktop.udisks2.filesystem-mount-system-internal”. You don’t have go far. It’ll be within a first few lines.
- Under this action, you’ll see allow_active section. Make it look like the following:
- Save the file. Now Close it.
- Now you can easily mount drives and it won’t bother you with authentication.