Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 series has got Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 and you can upgrade it to Gingerbread 2.3.6. The official Gingerbread 2.3.6 is available for Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 series. I have tested this procedure for my Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660m. Everything works just fine after the upgradation.
Follow the procedures below and act carefully. The procedure described here works for me, but that DOES NOT mean that it would also work for you. You can take your chances. Chances are, it would work for your device without any problem.
A disclaimer: This post is not responsible for any kind of damage to your phone.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging
- It’s a good practice to back up all of your data.
- Download Odin Multidownloader from this link.
- Download Gingerbread 2.3.6 package from this link.
- Extract both of them in any folder of your computer.
- Turn off your phone. Now enter into the Downloading Mode by pressing and holding Power Button + Home Button + Volume Down Key altogether.
- You will be asked for confirmation. Say Yes.
- Connect your phone to the computer when you are in Downloading Mode.
- Open Odin_Multidownloader_vXXX.exe from the extratected Odin Multidownloader zip file.
- The COM section should be yellow in color. If not, you have to download Samsung USB Driver for Windows. Go to the following link:
For 64-bit version use this link.
For 32-bit version use this link.
- Install the driver and then reconnect your phone to the computer.
- Now from Select OPS, browse and select GIO_v1.0.ops file.
- In Options, check One Package and select S5660XXKTL_S5660XXKT7_S5660DBTKT1_HOME. tar. md5 from the One Package that is located below.
- Press the Start button and the process would initiate. During the process, your phone would restart automatically. The process is not finished until the yellow color in COM turned into Blue. This would take about 5 minutes. After the process is finished, shut down your phone.
- Now you have to go to the recovery mode by pressing and holding Power Button + Home Button.
- In recovery Mode, select Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and execute the process. Again select Wipe Cache Partition. It would finish in a minute. After it’s done, select Reboot System Now.
- After the reboot, you would enter into the new Gingerbread 2.3.6.
Known Issue: The language might be something else instead of English. But it’s not a big issue. Just change it to English.